Dumbest Protests of 2008
Dumbest Things Guys Said in 2008:
- "I am firmly behind the skirts."
- "I hate Happy Holidays!"
- The election provided lots of dumb quotes from John McCain.
- "When do we finally get to meet this Jezebel? At their wedding?"
- Our friend Raz brought us a special dumb guy report from the field.
- "Janet has no family. Perfect."
- "The other folks are voting."
Biggest Douchebags of 2008:
- Mike Huckabee for well, lots of reasons.
- John Gibson for his horrible offensive comments following Heath Ledger’s death.
- Michael Savage for calling children with Autism "morons" and even worse "girls".
- Bill O'Reilly for being... Bill O'Reilly.
- Sarah Palin (do we need to explain this one?)
Lamest “Scandals” of 2008:
Greatest Accomplishments of 2008:
- We fooled you all with our "Legal Troubles" prank
- California goes gay! (well, it was an accomplishment at the time, sigh)
- Connecticut goes gay!
- New York goes gay-ish.
- Bitch magazine is saved (for now)!
- BARACK OBAMA!!! YES!
Worst Let Downs of 2008:
- Rock of Love 2 did not threaten us with a good time.
- We learn that love at first sight doesn't always work out.
- Despite some awesome political satire, SNL still sucks.
- Prop 8 actually passed. Unfuckingbelievable!
- It's not even safe to go holiday shopping anymore.
- George W. Bush keeps on sucking right until the end.
Our Most Popular Posts of 2008:
- UnMommy: UnFair and UnCool? (According to our statcounter, this one got a ton of hits from the UnMommies themselves. Apparently they were very UnHappy with this blog entry).
- The Joe Biden Feminism Watch
- Sarah Palin: Not a Feminist
- Ana Mendieta (and the rest of Chiquita's awesome art series)
- Adam and Jezebel's Viagra/Birth Control debate
- Honorable Mention (not written in 2008 but still incredibly popular in 2008): 10 Things You Might Not Know About Gardasil and 10 More Things You Might Not Know About Gardasil (It's almost like maybe we should write a follow up on Gardasil in 2009. Hmmm....)
Our Favorite Posts of 2008:
- Blog for Choice 2008
- The Rudy Giuliani Drinking Game
- The entire month of March: Women's History Month
- The ongoing Awareness series over at I Read While He Plays Video Games
- Did we mention Chiquita's awesome art series?
- Evil Sluts & The International Women's Writing Guild
2008 has been really great for us... and we're sure 2009 will be even better! See you next year!